Family fun for the holidays. Artificially flavored.
- Pre-mixed icing
- Wonka candy: Nerds, SweeTarts, Runts, Bottlecaps
- Gingerbread house panels
- Set-up tray
Made in USA and MexicoPlease read all instructions before starting. Adult supervision recommended. Kit contents: Gingerbread panels, Wonka candy, premixed icing, and set-up tray.
Check to make sure the kit is complete. Gingerbread preparation:
- Handle all pieces with care when unpacking, as the gingerbread can easily break
- Carefully cut plastic shrink wrap away from gingerbread
- Lay gingerbread pieces out flat in a safe location
- Cover your base with aluminum foil
Place set-up tray close to back of prepared base to allow for larger front yard area to decorate.
- Prepare icing decorator pouch
Icing is used to put the cottage together, to decorate the cottage and to landscape the yard.
- Knead icing pouch well before using. Be careful not to squeeze hard enough to pop it open
- Cut approximately 1/8 inch (1/3 cm) off narrower corner tip of bag (Fig. 1 on package) to make a small opening
- Gently squeeze other end of pouch to push icing toward opening
- Wall assembly
- Pipe icing along outer perimeter of set-up tray (Fig. 2 on package)
- On blank sides of front and back cottage walls, pipe a line of icing along inside edges (Fig. 3 on package)
- Using set-up tray, place bottom edge of back wall against short end of raised rectangle as shown, then place a side wall against long side of raised rectangle (Fig. 4 on package)
- Repeat with front wall and other side wall. If needed, prop walls up with cans for stability
- Allow icing to dry 10-15 minutes before starting roof assembly
- Note: When assembling cottage, be sure to put both side walls inside of the front and back walls (Fig. 5 on package). Side walls are embossed with windows, and roof panels are embossed with scalloped shingles
- Roof assembly
- Pipe a thick line of icing along top peaks of front and back walls (Fig. 6 on package)
- Attach one roof piece to one side of cottage peaks. Hold in place several minutes, as icing begins to set (Fig. 7 on package)
- Repeat with other roof section. If necessary, prop up roof with cans as shown (Fig. 8 on package)
- Note: Allow icing on assembled cottage to set for 15 minutes before decorating your gingerbread cottage. Complete drying time is 3-4 hours (overnight suggested)
- Use front panel image only as a guide
- Be creative
- Plan varieties and placement of candies before starting to decorate
- Use a little frosting to stick decorations on house and in the yard
2-1/4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar Beat egg whites and cream of tartar using an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Continue beating, slowly adding all of the powdered sugar. The icing works best if beaten for 5-7 minutes. Notes: In the event that you experience any gingerbread breakage, repair with icing.
For freshest taste, assembled cottage should be consumed within two weeks. © 2014 Bee International
Not eligible for Ship to Store at this timeSee Ship to Store FAQs
This product has no shipping restrictions.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 2.19
Product in inches (LxWxH): 2.2x 14.35x 9.63
Item Code: 743197
*Many of these answers are provided by manufacturers or other customers. Walgreens does not review, verify, or endorse those answers, which represent the sole opinions of those parties.