What is 23andMe Personal Genetic Service Saliva Collection Kit?
23andMe is a personalized genetic service that helps you understand what your 23 pairs of chromosomes - your DNA - can tell you about you, your family, your ancestry, your traits and much more.
Choose from one of our two services:
- The Ancestry Service
- The Health + Ancestry Service
Purchase and receive your saliva collection kit from Walgreens.com, then go online to 23andMe.com/start to choose which service you would like to receive and pay the additional lab fee - choose either the Ancestry Service for $69 or the Health + Ancestry Service for $169. Mail your saliva sample to the lab in the pre-paid package and once your sample has been analyed, receive your personalize genetic reports in a secure online account. 23andMe's Health + Ancestry Service is the first and only genetic service available directly to you that includes reports that meet FDA Standards.
Made in USA
Most people take between 2 and 5 minutes to deliver a saliva sample following steps:
- Do NOT eat, drink, smoke or chew gum for 30 minutes before giving your saliva sample. Do NOT remove the plastic film from the funnel lid.
- Spit into the funnel until the amount of liquid saliva (not bubbles) reaches the fill line shown.
- Hold the tube upright with one hand by firmly pushing the lid until you hear a loud click. The liquid in the lid will be released into the tube to mix with the saliva. Make sure that the lid is closed tightly.
- Hold the tube upright. Unscrew the funnel from the tube and discard. Use the small cap to close the tube tightly. Shake the capped tube for 5 seconds.
- Place the capped tube into the plastic bag containing the absorbent pad and seal the bag. Do NOT remove the absorbent pad from the plastic bag.
- Place the sealed plastic bag into the original box. Peel the strip and seal the box closed, then ship. Shipping has been pre-paid.
©2017 23andMe, Inc.
Wash with water if stabilizing liquid comes in contact with eyes or skin.
Do NOT Ingest.
Oragene* Dx OGD-500.001 is intended for use in the non-invasive collection of saliva samples. DNA from the saliva sample is isolated, stabilized and suitable for over-the-counter use with FDA cleared, approved or legally marketed exempt DNA carrier screening genotyping tests. Saliva samples collected using Oragene*Dx OGD-500.001 are stabilized and can be transported and/or stored long term at ambient conditions.
This product has no shipping restrictions.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.38
Product in inches (LxWxH): 6.81x 1.25x 5.13
Item Code: 949084