- Nighttime teeth grinding protector
- With Diffusix technology
- Maintains a perfect fit
With Diffusix™ Technology
Starts Flat — Maintains Perfect Fit
- Promotes Maximum Teeth Grinding & Teeth Clenching Protection
- Supports a Quick & Easy Custom Fit
- Remoldable up to 20x
- Thinnest, Strongest Mouthguard Material Available
- Designed by an Ear, Nose & Throat Surgeon, an Orthodontist & an Engineering Professor
- FDA Registered Medical Device
- Unique Patented Design
- Includes Antimicrobial Storage Case
The LunaGuard™ Nighttime Dental Protector helps provide protection against nighttime teeth grinding and clenching (bruxism). The innovative patented design is ultra thin to maintain superior comfort and the perforated Diffusix™ technology helps absorb and diffuse grinding forces to ensure maximum protection. Uniquely remoldable (up to 20x) to support a quick, easy, custom fit and optimal performance. Includes 1 dental guard and antimicrobial storage case.
- Helps protect against the harmful effects of bruxism (grinding & clenching of the teeth).
- Perforated to promote Maximum protection with Diffusix™ technology — The unique Diffusix technology uses perforations to help diffuse and absorb grinding forces — actually diverting the pressure of grinding & clenching away from your teeth. This design technology combined with the durable thermoplastic material helps ensure maximum protection against bruxism.
- Stronger than conventional bite guards — The LunaGuard™ is made of a material that is strong.
- Only 1.6 mm thin — Helps avoid impeding the ability to easily talk, drink, or breathe freely while wearing & supports for a more comfortable fit.
- Easy to fit — The unique remoldable thermoplastic material supports s perfect fit — If it isn't right the first time, just re-fit the guard — the material goes back to its original shape in hot water.
The LunaGuard™ Nighttime Dental Protector (bite guard) was developed by a unique team of professionals including an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician, an orthodontist, and an engineering professor. This team explored multiple aspects of teeth protection including strength, comfort, and fit. Through significant scientific testing, they developed a superior device — the LunaGuard™ nighttime dental protector.
Produced using a unique remoldable, strong thermoplastic material and designed with Diffusix™ technology, the LunaGuard™ is stronger and thinner than other conventional nighttime bite guards. The Diffusix™ technology (micro perforations in the guard) helps absorb and diffuse the harmful forces of teeth grinding and clenching (bruxism). Engineering tests show that the LunaGuard™ promotes up to 30% better protection than conventional nighttime bite guards. This is significant since the LunaGuard™ is only millimeters thin as opposed to much thicker conventional bite guards. Additionally, tests show that the LunaGuard™ supports 90% more force absorption and is eight times (8X) tougher than other available bite guards. The LunaGuard™ is an FDA Approved medical device and is indicated for use in protecting teeth to help reduce the damage caused by bruxism / nighttime teeth grinding.
Technical Studies — LunaGuard™ vs. Conventional Grind / Bite Guards
1. Force Absorption Test — Overview: As part of the development process for the new LunaGuard™ it was tested vs. 5 conventional OTC grind / bite guards. These conventional guards are found commonly at retail stores in the United States. All guards were subjected to the same applied forces for the same periods of time to help determine the % of force absorbed by the grind / bite guards.
Key Findings: The LunaGuard™ dental guard dissipated significantly more grinding energy / force than the conventional grind / bite guards with molar pads. The LunaGuard™ dissipated as much grinding energy / force as the conventional molded grind / bite guards even though the conventional molded grind / bite guard is 250% thicker. The LunaGuard™ is more durable than either the molded or the pad type grind / bite guards.
2. Material Durability Test — Overview: To characterize and measure the durability of the materials used in making OTC grind / bite guards, the materials which make up the LunaGuard™ and 5 other conventional retail OTC grind / bite guards were subjected to circular grinding tests to mimic the motions found during teeth grinding.
Key Findings: The LunaGuard™ was the only material to maintain structural integrity after the circular grinding test. The conventional OTC grind guard materials completely shredded after the circular grinding test. Under the most severe testing for grinding, the LunaGuard™ material demonstrated the greatest durability.
- 1 - Adult Bite Guard
- 1 - Antimicrobial Storage Case
Made in the USA
2. Heat enough water to submerge the bite guard to about 135ºF (57ºC) – (hot, but not boiling or scalding water). Immerse the bite guard until the material becomes soft & pliable. Once it turns clear it is ready for fitting. Lift the material from the water with a fork.
3. Hold the soft material as shown in the picture. Do Not Let It Fold onto Itself!
4. With the aid of a mirror, position the material so that the solid area (the area without the holes) is against the chewing surfaces of your upper teeth. Make sure most of the material is on the forward facing side of your teeth. Then, bite down gently & press your tongue against the material to hold it in place. Do not overstretch the material when it is soft.
5. Gently mold the bite guard against the front of your teeth with your fingertips to the gum line.
6. Close your lips over the bite guard & gently create suction until the material has hardened to ensure a snug fit. Wait 3 minutes before removing the bite guard.
7. To remove the bite guard, grasp the top front edge with fingertips of both hands & pull down to release.
- Not for use by persons under the age of 12.
- If you wear braces, you must have the bite guard fitted by your orthodontist or dentist. Do Not Try to Fit It On Your Own.
- Do not use an improperly fitted bite guard. Improper use may cause health risks or decrease the effectiveness of the protective properties of the bite guard.
- Do not overstretch the material when it is soft. This may thin out the material & decrease the strength of the bite guard.
- To avoid situations where inhalation or swallowing of the bite guard can occur, make sure the bite guard has a snug, secure fit.
- Do not use if you have artificial dentures, loose teeth, loose fillings, loose caps, cavities without fillings, sores in your mouth or bleeding gums.
- Do not expose the bite guard to temperatures exceeding 150ºF (65ºC) or to open flames. Keep protected from hot environments, such as a hot dashboard in a car.
- Be careful if you use nail polish or artificial nails, as the bite guard material can stick to these surfaces while fitting.
- Do not expose to teeth bleaching agents. Do not let bite guard come in contact with mouthwash containing alcohol or tooth whitening agents.
- If you experience pain or discomfort, consult your dentist before continuing use.
- Do not use the LunaGuard™ as an athletic mouth guard.
This product has no shipping restrictions.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.2
Product in inches (LxWxH): 1.5x 4.0x 6.6
Item Code: 917375
*Many of these answers are provided by manufacturers or other customers. Walgreens does not review, verify, or endorse those answers, which represent the sole opinions of those parties.
Customers who bought this also bought...
- 2/$1700 or 1/$879$8.99
- $999Buy 1, Get 1 50% OFF
- 2/$1700 or 1/$879$9.99
- 2/$450 or 1/$259$2.59
- 2/$500 or 1/$299$3.49
- Priced Per StoreBuy 1, Get 1 50% OFF
- $419Buy 1, Get 1 50% OFF
- $199Buy 1, Get 1 50% OFF