Scarguard MD® Premium
Patented SG5 Technology
SL5 Combines Multiple Technologies to Diminish Scars
- guards against new scars forming
- flattens and shrinks old scars
- easy, brush-on, nearly invisible formula
#1 Choice of Plastic Surgeons and Dermatologists
Feel the Difference
Scarguard MD® was created by a plastic surgeon who realized that even doctors don't have total control of the healing process. Some people will heal very well with little scarring, while others will not be that fortunate.
Scarguard MD® is an important breakthrough. Doctors have known for decades that there are ways to improve scar appearance. Scarguard MD®, a patented formulation, combines multiple technologies into a product that is easy-to-use, which is why so many doctors use Scarguard MD® for old, raised scars, keloids, and to help prevent scar tissue from forming after surgery or injury.
Scarguard MD® is the #1 choice of plastic surgeons and dermatologists to help new scars and flatten and shrink old scars.
Scarguard MD® is a fast-drying, brush-on, clear liquid. Once dry, it is waterproof, nearly invisible and can even be covered by makeup.
How Scarguard MD® Works
Only Scarguard MD® uses our patented SG5 technology. Our multiple technologies combine medically endorsed treatments into an easy-to-use solution.
- Silicone Topical silicone has been clinically proven to help shrink scar tissue.
- Cortisone A low strength hydrocortisone helps reduce the irritation often associated with scarring.
- Vitamin E Helps in the healing process by softening and moisturizing the scar.
- Scar Prevention Scarguard MD® helps reduce the formation of scar tissue when used after surgery or injury. Follow your doctor's instructions.
- Scar Protection Scarguard MD® dries quickly, leaving a nearly invisible protective coating on skin which reduces scar irritation.
How Raised Scars Form
When the skin is injured, scar tissue forms to fill the gap. Your body produces collagen, a strong protein that reconnects the broken skin. Raised scars and keloids form during the healing when we do not produce enough collagenase (the body's natural scar inhibitor).
Results Guaranteed Scarguard MD® is used by more plastic surgeons and dermatologist than any other scar treatment for one reason...it works!
Questions? call 1-877-566-5935
- Clean affected area with mild soap and water, dry thoroughly
- Brush on twice daily
- Allow to dry for 1 minute before coming into contact with clothing
- Reapply if peeling
- Children from 2-12 years of age ask a doctor
Store at 15° to 30° C (59° to 86°F)
Keep bottle tightly closed or product will evaporate
Scarguard Labs, LLC
For external use only
Do not use
- on children under 2 years of age. Consult a doctor.
- on mucous membranes
When using this product
- avoid contact with the eyes
- use in a well ventilated area
- flammable until dry
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- condition worsens
- symptoms persist for more than 7 days
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Scar management
- For the temporary relief of itching associated with minor skin irritations, inflammation & rashes
This product has no shipping restrictions.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.26
Product in inches (LxWxH): 4.0x 2.5x 4.5
Item Code: 237834
*Many of these answers are provided by manufacturers or other customers. Walgreens does not review, verify, or endorse those answers, which represent the sole opinions of those parties.