- For oral or tube feeding
- Not for IV use
Nutritionally Complete for Children Age 1 Year & Older
- For Oral or Tube Feeding
- Not for IV Use
Elecare Jr is a nutritionally complete amino acid-based medical food for children age 1 year and older who cannot tolerate intact or hydrolyzed protein. Elecare Jr is for the dietary management of protein maldigestion, malabsorption, severe food allergies, short-bowel syndrome, eosinophilic GI disorders, GI-tract impairment, or other conditions in which an amino acid-based diet is required.
- Clinically documented to be hypoallergenic1 to virtually eliminate the potential for an allergic reaction to the formula in multiple food-allergic children
- Shown to be effective in maintaining growth of children with cow's milk protein allergy when used as the primary source of calories1
- 100% free amino acids as nitrogen source
- 33% of fat blend as medium-chain tryglycerides (MCTs), an easily digested and well-absorbed fat source
- Supported by strict manufacturing standards and ELISA (Enzyme-Linked ImmunoSorbent Assay) testing
- Does not contain milk protein, soy protein, fructose, galactose, lactose, or gluten
1. Sicherer SH et al. J Pediatr 2001;138:688-693.
Standard dilution (30 Cal/fl oz) is 4 unpacked level scoops (38g) for each 5 fl oz of water.
For oral or tube feeding. Not for parenteral use. Use under medical supervision.
|Serving Per Container|
|Amount per Serving||%DV|
This product has no shipping restrictions.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 1.17
Product in inches (LxWxH): 3.95x 3.95x 4.7
Item Code: 164671
*Many of these answers are provided by manufacturers or other customers. Walgreens does not review, verify, or endorse those answers, which represent the sole opinions of those parties.