Lip Balm at Walgreens
Your lips are one of the most neglected areas on your face. All day long, they're exposed to the elements, moisture from your mouth and residues from the things that you eat and drink. Lip balm can help to shield and protect your lips, leaving them soft and supple. Walgreens can help you find the best product for your lip care
needs with a large selection of lip balms that you can shop online to buy in store, pick up at your nearest location or have shipped to your home.
Lip Balm Benefits
Lip balm contains a blend of moisturizing ingredients. When applied to the lips, it forms a seal over the skin to protect against cold weather, wind and moisture from your mouth. The ingredients also help to hydrate and nourish the skin. Over time, lip balm can help promote softer, smoother lips to enhance your appearance.
You can choose from lip balms in a variety of flavors that make caring for your lips a pampering experience. Some brands sell lip balm in multi-packs, allowing you to stock up on one kind of lip balm or sample different flavors.
Forms of Lip Balm
All lip balms hydrate and protect, but they come in several forms to suit different preferences.
- Stick lip balms come in a tube with a twist bottom that makes it simple to quickly apply lip balm while controlling how much product you use.
- Squeeze tubes have a round tip that dispenses a creamier, thicker balm directly to the lips. These formulas may have added enhanced benefits due to their consistency.
- Lip balms that come in jars and tins often have a waxier texture that may help them stay in place for longer. You apply these types of balms with your fingers.
- You can also find jelly-like lip balms that offer the staying power of waxes but with added moisturizing benefits. Like waxy balms, jelly balms are applied with fingers.
Products with Added SPF
Like the rest of your skin, your lips are vulnerable to the effects of ultraviolet energy (UV) present in sunlight. Applying a lip balm with sunscreen helps protect the lips against sun damage. When shopping for lip balm with added sunscreen, pay attention to Sun Protection Factor (SPF) ratings.
Lip Balms with Added Benefits
Certain lip balms contain ingredients that give them special benefits.
- For irritated, chapped lips, you may want to choose a lip balm with skin-soothing ingredients. Some brands call these products medicated lip balms.
- To add a little color with your moisture, try a tinted lip balm. These products have pigments added to impart a touch of color with every application.
- Natural lip balms often contain fewer synthetic ingredients than conventional lip balms.