What is Medication Renewal?
Medication Renewal is a service
designed to help patients who have run out of an important medication
prescription and do not have time (because of travel, a recent move,
or other circumstances) to have the healthcare provider who prescribed
it renew it in time. We can help by providing a one-time only 30-day
renewal of a current, active prescription. *This includes medications
for blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, birth control and more.
During your visit:
- You must give the Healthcare Clinic provider the prescription
bottle (preferred), the name of the pharmacy where the prescription
was last filled, or the contact information for the healthcare
provider who prescribed the medication (primary care or specialist)
- Next, the Healthcare Clinic provider will review your medical
history and complete a health evaluation
- Once approved, the Healthcare Clinic provider will write you
a 30-day prescription for the medication
The following prescriptions are not eligible for this service:
- Medications with refills remaining
- Medications requiring prior authorization to fill
- Medications last used more than 60 days prior to visit
- Sample medications
- All controlled substances (including narcotics and pain
- All psychiatric/seizure medications except selective
serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (SSRI) and selective norepinephrine
reuptake inhibitors(SNRI) medications (regardless of their designated
- All erectile dysfunction medications
- Cox2 inhibitors
Who is Medication Renewal Recommended for?
Medication Renewal is offered to
patients ages 18 months and up.
Medication renewal may not be offered to
- Have had a recent treatment change by their Primary Care
Provider (PCP) for conditions that fall outside our scope of service
- Were recently discharged from a hospital for conditions that
fall outside our scope of service
- Were treated in an emergency room and started on medications
for conditions that fall outside our scope of service
This service is available at
Healthcare Clinic locations for patients 18 months and older.
Walk in or schedule an appointment at the Healthcare Clinic nearest
1 Prescriptions written when clinically appropriate. Patients have a choice of pharmacy.
2 Service is available at Healthcare Clinic locations for patients 18 months and older.