Home Tests and Monitoring Products at Walgreens
At-home testing and monitoring can help you reach your health care goals whether you're striving to lose weight, trying to manage a chronic condition or wanting to grow your family. Walgreens makes it easy to purchase the tests and monitors that are right for your needs with a selection of products that you can purchase quickly in stores or discreetly online.
Monitor Your Vital Signs at Home
Many of the monitors found here at Walgreens are used for monitoring vital signs.
- Thermometers allow you to quickly check to see if you have a fever, so that you can determine whether or not you need to contact a doctor about an illness.
- Blood pressure monitors can be used as a part of a treatment plan for high blood pressure, making it possible for your doctor to assess how well interventions are working.
- Oximeters check blood oxygen saturation levels to determine how well blood is circulating through the body.
- Stethoscopes amplify the sounds of the heart and lungs and help health care professionals diagnose and monitor illnesses and medical conditions.
Track Your Blood Glucose Levels with Ease
If you have diabetes, your doctor will likely want you to check your blood glucose levels on a regular basis at home. Keeping track of your numbers can help your doctor decide if changes need to be made to your treatment plan to better control the condition.
You can also see how exercise and diet affect your blood glucose levels, and with these insights, you'll be better able to make lifestyle changes to benefit your health. Blood glucose levels are monitored with glucometers. These devices work with test strips that contain an enzyme called glucose oxidase that chemically reacts with blood sugar.
When you collect a small blood sample with a strip and insert it into the glucometer, the device measures the electrical activity of the reaction to determine how much glucose is currently present in the bloodstream.
Enhance Your Exercise and Weight Control Plan
Want to get in shape or lose weight? Home monitoring can help you achieve your goals with greater ease.
- Heart rate and fitness monitors make it possible to determine how many calories you're burning during your workouts and throughout the course of your daily routine.
- Pedometers track the number of steps that you take, so you can gradually increase your level of physical activity.
- Scales and body fat monitors make it possible to accurately track your weight and body mass index. This way, you can see how well your diet and exercise routine are working for you and make changes as needed.
Other Tests and Monitors Available at Walgreens
Walgreens offers many other testing kits and monitors that could be beneficial for you and your family. Testing kits are available for checking for everything from high cholesterol to HIV to drug use. With these kits, you typically collect a sample of blood, hair or saliva at home and then mail it into a lab for processing.
For those who are trying to drink more responsibly, breathalyzer tests are available. These devices have sensors that can determine what your blood alcohol concentration levels are using a sample of breath.
Family planning can be simplified with home tests for pregnancy and fertility monitors.