Our Healthcare Providers
What is a Family Nurse Practitioner?
Family nurse practitioners are nurses with advanced education and training who can diagnose and treat a wide range of health issues for both adults and children including writing prescriptions, as needed. These providers must first complete the education and training necessary to be a registered nurse and then go on to earn a Master's or Doctorate degree in advanced nursing practice.
Additionally, Family nurse practitioners are required to pass a national board certification in their area of specialty. They have a thorough background in family healthcare, including pediatric training and expertise.
What is a Physician Assistant?
Physician assistants are healthcare providers who are licensed to practice medicine under the supervision of a physician, as determined by each state. Physician assistants perform physical exams, diagnose and treat illnesses, and write prescriptions as needed. All physician assistants have a Bachelor's degree and have completed an accredited physician assistants training program.
Additionally, they must pass a national certification exam developed by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants in conjunction with the National Board of Medical Examiners.
What is a Collaborating Physician?
A Collaborating Physician is a contracted professional that meets the following qualifications:
- Actively practicing physician in the market/clinic assigned
- Current board certification in either Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, or Internal Medicine AND Pediatrics.
- Valid state medical, federal DEA, and Controlled and Dangerous Substances (CDS) licenses without sanctions
- Admitting privileges at an area hospital
Requirements for physician collaboration vary from state to state, but they play a large role in our quality assurance work. One aspect which is consistent across all our clinics across the country is their role in performing chart reviews on every Provider in our clinics which is used to as also a part of the Providers clinical evaluation.
To ensure compliance with state regulations and consistent high-quality patient care, delivery and safety in Healthcare Clinic locations, on-going comprehensive Collaborating Physician record reviews take place.
‹ About Your Visit FAQ's ›
* Patient care services provided by Take Care Health Services, an independently owned professional corporation whose licensed healthcare professionals are not employed by or agents of Walgreen Co. or its subsidiaries, including Take Care Health Systems, LLC.