Ear Nose and Throat Products at Walgreens
Ear, nose and throat problems can get in your way of feeling your best, but it's often possible to address symptoms at home. Talk to your doctor about which over-the-counter products are right for you and then shop Walgreens online and in store for all of your ear, nose and throat care needs.
Care for Your Ears Properly
Cleaning your ears is an important part of grooming, but it's vital that you do so properly to avoid injury. Cotton balls and swabs should only be used to clean the outside of your ear. If ear wax build-up is a concern, it's best to use ear wax removal products rather than swabs. We carry a wide range of solutions for ear wax removal, including hydrogen peroxide-based washes.
Maintaining proper hygiene is just one aspect of ear care. Medical professionals recommend using ear plugs whenever you'll be exposed to loud noises like the hum of machinery or the music from a rock concert. Doing so can reduce your risk of hearing loss.
Ease Congestion with Over-the-Counter Aids
Nasal congestion is a common concern that can arise due to seasonal allergies, the common cold or sinusitis. Over-the-counter products are available to address the symptom and help you breathe easier.
- Saline nasal sprays and washes alleviate congestion by thinning mucus in the nose and sinus cavities.
- Decongestant medications are also available that work by reducing swelling in your sinuses, so that air can pass through more easily. These medications come in nasal spray and oral forms.
- Your doctor may also recommend using a vaporizer or humidifier for congestion relief, depending on the cause of your symptoms.
Snoring can keep your partner up at night. Your doctor can help you determine the cause for your snoring and screen for any serious underlying problems that may be contributing to noisy breathing at night.
In some cases, snoring is harmless and can be addressed with over-the-counter products.
Nasal strips are a popular option. These products widen your nasal passages, so that you can breathe more easily and quietly throughout the night. Some people also use nasal strips during the day when they are suffering from nasal congestion.
Alleviate Ear, Nose and Throat Discomfort
Ear and throat pain can make it hard to focus on your daily routine and rest comfortably at night. After seeing your doctor for a diagnosis and product recommendations, you can ease discomfort with over-the-counter products found here at Walgreens.
There are a number of ear drops and supplements designed to reduce ear pain of a variety of causes.
- If you're prone to frequent ear infections, your doctor may recommend that you use ear drying kits after showering or swimming.
- For a sore throat, you can get relief with cough drops and throat sprays.
- Antitussive oral cough medicines are also available.